Now I am.
No votes
I would if I could.
17%

Total votes : 6

Skate Review

Postby Turk on Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:06 pm

IGN's review

Well IGN reviewed Skate today and I must say that I am impressed. They even went as far to say:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 was the game that really set the franchise apart from anything before it. It's likely that if there's a sequel to skate, it will be the iteration that defines the franchise. But as a brand new IP, based on an idea that could have completely blown up in EA's face, skate is an amazingly complete experience. Those who choose to relax and skate leisurely -- looking for cool lines and taking on the occasional challenge -- will likely find the most enjoyment. Though there are a few technical issues that can become frustrating (curse you load times!), the end product is a blast. When EA announced skate, everyone in the IGN office laughed. We're not laughing anymore. skate's pretty awesome.

It is a shame I don't own a 360 or PS3.
Turk

Postby Tomahawk Jones on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:39 pm

I downloaded the demo like 2-3 weeks ago and yeah... it is really fun. I mean not even doing like the little missions or whatever, just going around skating is fun. The demo has a 30 minute play time limit and everytime I play I always play it to the very end, usually just free skating.
Image http://www.HornyManatee.com <--- Because Conan says so
Tomahawk Jones

Postby []Black Magic[] on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:38 am

I heard from one of my friends that Skate actually has a "King of the Hill" mode in it. I'm not sure if its true but if you do pick up the PS3 version let me know if it has a KOTH Mode in it and I will pick up the game.
[url="http://www.tripletags.com/profile.asp?memberID=795"]Image[/url]
Heros get remembered... but Legends never die...
[]Black Magic[]

Return to KXTH @ SKATE