so..?

Talk about EA Skate.

so..?

Postby Jess3 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:00 am

so what is this..?
Jess3

Postby Tomahawk Jones on Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:35 pm

... a more realistic skateboarding game by EA called SKATE. By realistic I mean the highest combo you can do is like... 2
Image http://www.HornyManatee.com <--- Because Conan says so
Tomahawk Jones

Postby JB on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:27 pm

i saw a small clip of this game on the mtv show rob & big. they were at ea sports in canada and played it and rob, the pro skateboarder, was saying it was so realistic to him he was gettin stoked whenever he would land a trick.
JB

Postby Wheat on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:24 pm

Great ..but if there's no KOTH ...will you guys still be playing Thps4 until you're 78? :aaaayyy:

ImageImage ^ gg
Wheat

Postby Kradacious on Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:12 pm

JB wrote:i saw a small clip of this game on the mtv show rob & big. they were at ea sports in canada and played it and rob, the pro skateboarder, was saying it was so realistic to him he was gettin stoked whenever he would land a trick.

lol i saw that, i thought it was just them getting a feel of being in a video game, i didnt think they were actually gonna come out with an EA Skate.
TCAH.
Kradacious
Los CTF Hombre

Postby impulse on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:46 pm

there's youtube video from that clip. too lazy to look it up. doubt there's koth because it's anti-arcadey, so probably not many game modes other than something very trick attackish or nail the trickish.

i still say the next big koth thing is burnout. the speed and intensity of a good race is a lot like the feeling of a good game of koth. about a month ago i joined a focus groupie thing for the next, next burnout and threw in the idea of adding a koth mode with open maps (instead of linear tracks) and the other people in the group jumped all over the idea. so maybe they will do something with it.

btw bm, if you're serious about getting a game career, look into UCF's game program. 2nd in the country and half as much $$ as USC's.
impulse

Postby []Black Magic[] on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:07 pm

I've always been on the lookout for careers in gaming... I have an entire 1 inch thick book of a game I like to call CentoNaxu (Thats Sent-toe-nocks-tsu) Its a game I made up entirely by myself... in this 1 inch thick book I started with Characters... there are 7 main characters. Its sort of like an RPG but its not turned based... it is a mix of Mortal Kombat, Dragon Quarter, Monster Hunter, Urban Reighn, and //.hack. I am still working on the story and I am barely getting into the middle part with it. I don't just want to join any college for game making because from what I hear from some of my friends on the web is that they take your ideas... mix it up a little bit and make a fortune on it while you just sit there trying to get someone to help you make a game.
[]Black Magic[]

Postby MàLFé§t on Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:11 am

That's why you don't tell them your ideas until you are in a more powerful position where you're in control of how your ideas have come to fruition.
MàLFé§t

Postby []Black Magic[] on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:39 pm

Usually great ideas like mine take anywhere from 5-10 years to get on its feet... Take Dragon quest 7... it was supposed to be released when FFVII was released.... I might end up taking it to my grave by the time people noptice it...
[]Black Magic[]

Postby JB on Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:49 am

[]Black Magic[] wrote:Usually great ideas like mine take anywhere from 5-10 years to get on its feet...

and yall think i'm too full of myself....pssshhhh
JB

Postby []Black Magic[] on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:21 am

(What is it with teens these days? I ain't pointing no fingers at anyone when I say this... So no pointing fingers back at me... Bubbles I could use a smiley right about now...)

Take any game or movie for this matter. Games like Zelda didn't take a month to create. Games in essentials take years. really good games take 3 years minimum to become legends.... Take FFXII (Which I am liking at this point... haven't bought it... I've seen my friend patrick play it for a half hour before we played GH2 at his house 3 nights ago with some of his friends...) This game I had heard about when I was in 9th grade. I still remember seeing the first concept art for FFXII and I still remember seeing this dude with 2 swords in his hands lookin up and screaming... but he had 2 sword like feet. Look at the cover of FFXII and you'll see it. from 2002 all the way up to its release date is 5 years. but thats from the time I had seen the article in japanese and the concept art until the release date... IDK when it started for sure.
[]Black Magic[]

Return to KXTH @ SKATE