Setting up FTP Lan PC to PS2

Go here for help with techie stuff.

Moderator: Helix

Setting up FTP Lan PC to PS2

Postby Kradacious on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:24 am

Trying to set up an FTP server from my PC to the PS2 to transfer iso images to my ps2 hdd. Im using a crossover cable instead of a router.

Wanting to know what the best client would be, I use to use HDL_Dump + HDL_Dumb, but thats been years ago and those settings have been erased so im also wanting assistance in setting it up from scratch.

Obviously I have an exploited memory card.

Where you at old man
TCAH.
Kradacious
Los CTF Hombre

Re: Setting up FTP Lan PC to PS2

Postby Helix on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:03 am

I prefer using a removable drive enclosure http://us.startech.com/product-list/ide-internal and HD handiness.

There is also a new memory card exploit where you do not need a trigger disk anymore.
Helix

Re: Setting up FTP Lan PC to PS2

Postby Kradacious on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:44 pm

I was hoping someone could tell me how to do this from scratch, because I had a problem transferring the .iso to my hard drive, i assumed it was the software I was using and that the issue was my inexperience, but I found out using ulaunch, and the embedded hddmanager app that there was a game on the hard drive that I had removed, but it had not completely been removed, making itself a broken partition and unable to install any more games until the hard drive was reformatted.

So now im using hdl_dumb no problem, transferring THPS4 as we speak actually.
And yeah I use Free Mcboot now, have been for almost 2 years.

Good to see you again boss.
TCAH.
Kradacious
Los CTF Hombre

Return to Techie Stuff