expectations/hopes

Talk about KOTH gameplay on THUG2.

expectations/hopes

Postby impulse on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:55 pm

What do you hope to see in KOTH games on T2?
Here's my list:

- remove the host/lag advantage
- better networking so there's less lag in general
- better ways to tell what the lag really is (like a ping tool the host can trigger)
- a smaller arrow
- extra crown designs and you can pick the 1 you want
- loads of wallie transfer possibilities
- wires with a purpose (like jersey has tons of wires but only a few of them go anywhere worth going, while college's wires all are useful)
- let me edit my tricks for super slide (i hate hate hate down+down+r1)
- moving obstacles (imagine playing koth in london with the buses)

I kno its too late if this stuff isnt already in there but what the hell. what else do we have to talk about it until it comes out?
impulse

Hopes

Postby gamer on Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:26 pm

A headset capability would b nice, more players can get into rooms, FCFS comes back, nd Private Messeging option like wit EA Sports titles.
gamer

Postby Savve on Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:28 am

Ok I ll comment your lists as well as make own suggestions.

1. remove the host/lag advantage
The host/Lag advantage can never be removed completly but atleast the host advantage is worse on thug than before because the hosts only need to touch you (like on 4) where as you have to actually go through everyone to get the crown, not just touch them. Better programming and BB only would reduce this to a minimum, and maybe seperate servers for each continent but that would reek (heh that wont be censored I think) cuz most of my plas on THPS are americans. But separate servers would surely reduce the lag alot.

2. better networking so there's less lag in general
Yea nothing to add here...

3. better ways to tell what the lag really is (like a ping tool the host can trigger)
Great idea, that way I could immediately remove all those americans who sit on 56k but claim to have BB. Really good idea.

4. a smaller arrow
Umm i think the arrows are good as they are so i dont really care, however i want a bigger crown (possibly that would make it easier to get like in 4) instead of the small one on thug.

5. extra crown designs and you can pick the 1 you want
Sure, why not.

6. loads of wallie transfer possibilities
Yea and that has to do with lvl design, I would like more thps4 like lvls and less grind rails everywhere, basically on thug every rail you grind you land on another, and there r to few wallie-able (heh) surfaces in general in thug.

7. wires with a purpose (like jersey has tons of wires but only a few of them go anywhere worth going, while college's wires all are useful)
No kidding... Once again smarter lvl design.

8. let me edit my tricks for super slide (i hate hate hate down+down+r1)
Indeed, that **** sucks for us who whore it (heh) and it makes it take like an extra 0.5 s to do.

9. moving obstacles (imagine playing koth in london with the buses)
Yea IF you could turn them on or off (imagine how frustrating to run in in a car everytime you get the crown)

10. A headset capability would b nice,
Yea would allow much faster chatting, and the ability to mute retarded people.

11. more players can get into rooms
Doubt it will happend however with BB only 16 ppl in rooms might be possible (heh not for koth obviously) but more people is always cool, I hate when people cant join cuz there are to many.

12. FCFS comes back
Definately, made vids etc alot more smooth to do.

13. Private Messeging option
Definately i hate it when you have to get ppls msn, mail, etc if you wanna contact them.

Ok now my additions. Not neccesarily koth related.

14. Either skip the stats system or make an entirely new one like on Socom 2. It would be great to have a similar ones where you could possibly things like: total playing time, how long youve been on, then like for each games: ta highest score, highest score in each lvl, average score. Graff hghest nr of tags, highest nr of tags in each lvl, avergae tags. Koth, games played, games won, lost, your average placement, win percent, maybe a koth ranking. ctf games played, games lost, avergae cpature amount, etc, etc. This would all be great if they added and made both a private and an list with best rated players on all gamemodes etc. Obviously this would always register, not like on thug where you have to save your network settings to make them register.

15. Register player name, no more posers, register 1 player name which you have to keep, and with a pw of course this would als make it able for them to have a homielist where you dont have to save after you added someone.

16. Make the **** gameexperience stable, and test it out. I dont wanna freeze every hr, and not being able to use a profile cuz of the retriving stats problem.

17. Clans like on socom, register your clan, invite players, appoint leaders, be able to challenge other on clan games etc. would make clans so much better, clan ranking in each game. (Some of us should create a killer koth clan) :p

18. Slower speed while wearing crown, on thug even the worst newb can go pretty fast by just going straightforward, make it more like on 4 (or actually excactly like on 4).

This is what I can think of for now, and I doubt more than 2 things on this list will be included however we should put together a giant list of gameplay suggestions an then send them to NS, either via mail or thuggish thoughts on txo. And hopefully they would include some of them in thug3 or whatever the next game will be. I will add suggestions when i come up with something, others do the same.

(this took like 25 mins to write/think up)
Missing in Action
Savve

Postby impulse on Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:10 pm

I take back the smaller arrow idea... we played THPS3 last night which has a tiny arrow and a tiny as hell crown. The crown is a ***** to see against white and light blue and the arrow is hard to tell if its pointing up or down.

So big crowns, big arrows are cool.

16 ppl in koth? 8 is too many. I mean you can't turn around in an 8 skater koth game without bumping into someone. It's like bumblebee soccer, (err, football for those of u on the right side of the pond) from 5th grade (um is this second form? idk uk school grades despite having seen harry potter lol)
impulse

multitap

Postby gamer on Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:08 pm

u should beable to use multitap for both online and offline play. up to 4 ppl for online play and up to 8 offfline so those ppl who dun have internet or parents wun let them hook up their ps2 can play wit friends just like online. -- Also if we r gonna register names they should let us make a profile of ourselfs like on aim, msn, etc. to tell ppl about ourselfs nd give them our screennames, etc. If you do that u have to make an option where u can make your profile private or public. private being for only your homies and public for every1.
gamer

Postby Savve on Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:04 pm

Heh Imp I know it were a really long post but if you read it i say that 16 ppl isnt for koth of course, but with games that dont involve hitting each other it would be great. 16 ppl seems to be the maximum for some reason, socom has it and some other online games ive heard of all have 16 ppl max. Thats probably the most you can hvae without to much lag.
Missing in Action
Savve

Postby sk8ace on Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:52 pm

I heard that there will be registered clan system like socom.

One idea that i thought of that might be kool, and possibly cut down on some lag, would be if the levels were sectional, ex. seperated into 4 quarters, and you would be able to chose a combination of the 4. I think the levels might be too big for say a 1 on 1 koth game, so if you could cut the level in half it would decrease lag and also increase the level of fun. o well just an idea.
sk8ace

Postby Savve on Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:01 am

Cool then im gonna register txo as soon as I get it... Would be kinda fun if all "famous" clans got registered by some n00b.

But nah I think that a clan reg. system is much better, along with the ability to send messages to clan members, challenge other clans for battles, etc, etc.
Missing in Action
Savve

clan reg

Postby gamer on Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:01 am

If neversoft doesnt wanna have problems and complaints on their hands wat they should do is sumthing like they did wit the faces. If you have a clan now on THUG u email them with the name (just the leader[s]) and have them register it b4 the game comes out with a password for the leader to activate it. Then all new clans can register like that or like how you can in Socom. This will cut down on the noobs try to take "famous" clan's names.
gamer

Postby Savve on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:00 am

Great idea indeed gamer, but then i cant reg. txo...
Missing in Action
Savve

Postby impulse on Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:17 pm

clan reg sounds cool even tho i'm not a clan fan. but i mean, how hard would it be to have someone that works for NS actually play the game for a little while online and figure out who the clans are and who leads them by just being in the games. then they'd know they got the right people. play for a week and i think you could figure out a pretty good list of them and they have a few months still, so...
impulse

Postby Savve on Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:02 am

Yea or just ask like andy or bensson (or someone else that knows everything about thps online community) to make a list of them or something like that. Couldnt be to hard but gamers idea is really good to.
Missing in Action
Savve

Postby gamer on Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:41 am

TY KOSTON!!! :D lol
gamer

Postby Savve on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:31 pm

EDIT: I was on a bad mood while writing this.
Missing in Action
Savve

Postby JonP on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:38 pm

Stud? :?
[
JonP

Postby Savve on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:40 pm

NFIWTFURTALKINBOUT?
Missing in Action
Savve

Postby sk8ace on Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:49 pm

#1 it better be awesome
#2 it better not suck
#3 lag better not be too bad
#4 the levels better not be too big
#5 there better not be any levels like scj
#6 there better not be any dt's
#7 the new type of koth better be sweet
#8 in the cas department, i hope there will be new types of colors, like 3d metalic colors, i want to be metalic blue!
#9 must be able to make girl cas boobs bigger. (and bouncy) lol
#10 the levels need to have slopes and hills. it seems every level so far is based on flat ground with no hills to climb. (wtf is it called king of the hill when theres no hills!)
#11 have the host be able to toggle everything off and on.
#12 be able to make grind tricks and manual tricks!
#13 have secret parts of levels like on thps3
#14 no cheating with glitches !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
sk8ace

Postby impulse on Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:28 pm

bouncy... and you can control the bounciness and the color and they should have nipple accesories like a sunburst whatever madonna jackson thing.
impulse

Postby Helix on Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:27 am

HG!!! You better not be reading these posts!
Helix

Postby coolsnake on Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:42 am

lmao^^^^
coolsnake

Next

Return to KOTH @ THUG2